Saturday, April 23, 2016

Five Minute Friday- Unite


Five Minute Friday-- write for five minutes on the word prompt.  This week's word:
 
Unite

I immediately thought of the church and honestly didn’t feel like going down that path.  The next thought I had was of this clean-eating and exercise challenge I am about to begin.   I had the opportunity to do this before and couldn’t commit to it.   I did an elimination diet and went it alone and it was SO difficult.  But now, I am doing this challenge with some of my closest friends and my husband.  We are going to hold each other accountable and cheer each other on.  We are in this together.  United for our health.  I have a feeling I am going to be much more successful this time around because I’m not going it alone.  I am united with friends—we care about ourselves and each other and will make sure we are all staying on track.  This week may be extreme, but it will give me the kickstart I need to steer me on the healthy path I should be following.  I will be much more likely to choose an apple over a cookie and exercise over sitting on the couch when I know there are others caring about my health instead of just myself.  Let’s all be united for the common good and hold each other accountable in love. 

 

My five minutes is up J  What are your thoughts on “united?”  How do you stay healthy and active?

1 comment:

  1. I love your final thoughts on being united for the common good and holding each other accountable in love. Thank you for sharing about your clean eating journey.

    ReplyDelete