Sunday, April 10, 2016

Five Minute Friday (or Sunday): WHOLE

On my old blog, I used to participate in Lisa Jo Baker's five minute Friday posts.  She would give a prompt word and then we would free write, no editing, just writing for five minutes.  She passed this baton onto Kate Motaung since then. Friday's word was WHOLE.

WHOLE

Whole is being one with nature.  Whole is understanding your place and living full into it.  Whole is finding healing and forgiveness (and being able to forgive).  Wholeness is a journey which we are never finished.  It is not something that we one day achieve and then can coast from here on out.  It is something to maintain with vigilant self-care.  It isn't easy to find wholeness in this world.  It takes diligence in caring for mind-body-soul.  ALL THREE.  We can't skimp in any department because then it wouldn't truly be WHOLENESS.  It would be part-ness.  I've been on a journey toward wholeness for a long time.  I haven't achieved it yet.  Everyday I come closer (and some days farther away). But I don't give up.  I know it's possible to achieve it and so I never give up hope.  

There is wholeness for you.  There is wholeness for me.   And I'm not sure if we can achieve it individually.  Can we truly be whole apart from each other-- or without one another?  Can I truly be whole if my neighbor is not?   That is something to ponder for another day because my five minutes are up. 

What are your thoughts on wholeness? 

3 comments:

  1. This is wonderful Julia! I love the phrase-"We can't skimp in any department because then it wouldn't truly be WHOLENESS. It would be part-ness." Being whole is truly a journey - a marathon, not a sprint - with lots of twists and turns, that's for sure. I love your perspective here. Thanks for sharing! ~ Lisa (your FMF neighbor at # 87)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS - my FMF post this week is at www.LisaACook.com

      Delete
  2. Hey thanks! I'll go check out yours :)

    ReplyDelete