Friday, April 15, 2016

Five Minute Friday-- EASY


Getting back into the Five Minute Friday-- follow the writing prompt and free write for 5 minutes, no editing, just writing, just five minutes.  Just like this week's word: EASY.
 
 

Isn’t it easy how instantly you can fall right back into a rhythm with someone you haven’t seen in a while?  I am always amazed when I see an old friend and it’s like a day hasn’t passed.  A few years ago I reconnected with my friend Dana.  It had been nearly 10 years since we hung out and the day was effortless.  It felt like we were our 16-year old selves again --older, wiser, but still our silly selves.  It was beautiful to spend that time together and if we were to get together again I know it would be the same.  The same is true with my friend Kelsey.  We’ve been friends all our lives.  We grew up seeing each other once a week at church.  Now we see each other a couple times a year when our crazy schedules allow and seriously, it’s like a conversation that just picks up where we last left off.  Completely comfortable, familiar, we could finish each other sentences.  Time apart doesn’t matter or hurt our friendship, it’s always been kind of built into it.  Yesterday two of my dear, dear friends from seminary came over.  One I see every few months, the other I’ve only seen a handful of times since we graduated four years ago.  My heart was SINGING being together again with them.  It was as the prompt says, “easy” but more than that, it was HEALING.   Do you have friends who it is easy to be around no matter how much time has passed?  I hope you do.  I am so thankful for mine. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment